1. Chad said he was reorganizing the Engineering Department immediately, that we were behind on projects, that Steve Anderson would be in charge of all of Engineering, that I would work for him.
2. I told Chad I disagreed with him, we were actually ahead of schedule for projects and two were ready for construction even though it was too cold to construct. (Those two were the Taylor Toll Bridge Parking Lot and the Sewer Lift Station)
3. Chad continued, he was going to reduce my responsibilities by not having me involved with the annexation and development agreements, the site plans, and the public counter.
4. I would be moved to the drafting and design section to help Brent Summers with projects.
5. I said this whole thing is a surprise to me, and I asked when will all of this happen - Chad said immediately.
6. Chad said that since my responsibilities would be cut and Steve Anderson�s responsibilities would be expanded, since he would be responsible for the annexation agreements, site plans and public counter, my salary would be cut so that Steve could have a raise.
7. Chad asked if I wanted to be design engineer or city engineer and I responded that if I have a choice I would still like to be city engineer.
8. Chad asked if I could work for Steve Anderson and I told him yes that we had worked together for years on projects, but that I did not like the idea of getting a cut in pay so Steve Anderson could have a raise.
9. Chad said that he was taking me off of salary and putting me on an hourly wage and then he said he was going to take me out of the grade and step program, lock me in at one hourly wage of $29.89 (Grade 16, Step 5) and that I could never get a raise again.
10. I said to Chad that I could work for Steve Anderson but I don�t like the idea of getting my salary cut so that he can have a raise and then be taken out of a grade and step program that I was involved with from its beginning and I said I didn�t like the idea of never getting a raise when everyone including Steve Anderson would. Chad said you would still get the cost of living raise if the mayor gave one.
11. I asked about the overtime of flooding, snow melt and rain when I would be with the sewer crews at 2 a.m or 3 a.m. of any day. He said we would have to work that out.
12. I asked Chad if the Mayor and the Council knew about this and he said
|Here is a City Councilman's response to this :
"I can tell that I was first informed on Tuesday April 26th"
- Grievance Hearing City Councilman, April 16, 1998, page 99
Meeting ended at 5 p.m. 3-18-96
Exhibit # 5 This Chronology of 3-18-96 used by Ed Turner at the Grievance Hearing, APRIL 26, 1996
Exhibit #16 This Chronology of 3-18-96 used by the City of Idaho Falls at the Industrial Commission Hearing of Nov. 26, 1996